last updated October 22, 2013
If you know any good Edgar Allan Poe sites that I've missed or if you have a site and you
would like to exchange links with me, please let me know.
Please note that I will only link to sites that relate to Poe or education. I will not link to
your site if it contains any obscenity or profanity.
Collections of Works by Edgar Allan Poe
- E. A. Poe Society of Baltimore: Poe's Tales
- An extensive collection of Poe's works. Under each story, the various dates of publication are listed, and at least one link to the text.
- EServer: Complete Works of Edgar Allan Poe
- This is a fairly complete collection although I've noticed some errors, probably due to whatever OCR software was used to scan the text.
- This is a modern commercial site with popups and ads. It is not a complete collection but it contains most of Poe's stories. Unfortunately, "Ligeia" and a few others are missing.
- The Work of Edgar Allan Poe
- Another site with a fairly complete set of Poe's stories and poetry. It suffers from the same occasional OCR errors as the EServer site. Example: In "Ligeia", second paragraph, third word from the end is "eves" instead of "eyes". This error also exists in the EServer version.
- Poe Anthology at xroads.virginia.edu
- I think this is a mirror of one of the previous links. Even so, its always good to have multiple sources.
Other Edgar Allan Poe Sites
- Baltimore, Maryland is celebrating the life and works of Edgar Allan Poe with a yearlong citywide festivalóNevermore 2009. The festival will officially kick off in January 2009 with a variety of events to celebrate Edgar Allan Poe's birthday, followed by a year of lectures, wine tastings, art exhibitions, special tours and more all in honor of Edgar Allan Poe.
- Plenty of interesting content and discussion of Poe's works. Read excellent essays by Christoffer Nilsson, Martha Womack, David Grantz, and others.
"The growing collection of essays in the Poe Decoder is written by qualified people with a great interest in Edgar Allan Poe. We want to provide you with accurate facts on one of the greatest American writers ever, and once and for all put an end to all the lies and rumors that surround his person."
- Edgar Allan Poe's House of Usher
- An ecclectic collection of all things Poe. Links to just about anything that has to do with Poe can be found in the "Virtual Library". The site is current as of December, 2007. I found some interesting links on this site that were hard to find in Google.
- Raven Society of the University of Virginia
- Edgar Allan Poe Museum - Richmond Virginia
- A well designed site, with educational resources and listings of local events related to Poe.
- E. A. Poe Society of Baltimore
- Edgar Allan Poe House - Baltimore Maryland
- Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site
- A site maintained by the National Park Service.
- A Poe Webliography by Heyward Ehrlich
- A good list of links to many Poe resources. Updated each year.
- The Poe Studies Association
- Established in 1972, provides a forum for the scholarly and informal exchange of information on Edgar Allan Poe, his life, and works.
- Edgar Allan Poe - Wikipedia
- Wikipedia is a great resource to look up just about anything, including Edgar Allan Poe.
- Poestories on Twitter
- Our Twitter page. Follow us and get random Poe quotes and web site updates!
- Edgar Allan Poe articles in the New York Times
- Various New York Times articles about Poe, Poe fans, and books written about Poe.
- Vincent Price, "The Tell Tale Heart", PART 1
- Watch actor Vincent Price perform "The Tell Tale Heart" on YouTube. Part 1 of 2.
- Vincent Price, "The Tell Tale Heart", PART 2
- The second half of the performance by Vincent Price
- Vincent Price, "The Cask of Amontillado", PART 1
- Watch Vincent Price perform "The Cask of Amontillado" on YouTube. Part 1 of 2.
- Vincent Price, "The Cask of Amontillado", PART 2
- The second half of the performance by Vincent Price.
- Vincent Price reads "The Raven"
- Watch Vincent Price's performance on YouTube.
- Christopher Walken reads "The Raven" (mp3)
- An excellent reading of "The Raven" by actor, Christopher Walken.
- Poe Cryptographic Challenge Solved
- An interesting page detailing the solution to a cryptogram believed to have been written by Poe. It was finally solved in October of 2000.
- Raven Beer
- The Baltimore-Washington Beer Works, of Baltimore, Maryland.
- Poe fanlisting site
- A list of almost 400 fans of Edgar Allan Poe from around the world. Free to join.
- "Near a Raven" by Mike Keith
- I thought this was fascinating. If you like Poe and math, check it out. A tremendous amount of work went into this. Without giving away the "secret", here is a sample...
"Midnights so dreary, tired and weary.
Silently pondering volumes extolling all by-now obsolete lore.
During my rather long nap - the weirdest tap!
An ominous vibrating sound disturbing my chamber's antedoor..."
*link updated 01.26.2010
- "The Raven" by Turner Morgan
- A humorous, albeit somewhat geeky version of Poe's "The Raven", themed towards using the internet and newsgroups.
"Once upon a website dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
O'er many a strange and eerie page with flash and gifs galore..."
- Poe Spirits
- Interesting pages about Poe and alcohol.
- Free, multi-language, online encyclopedia. No advertising.
- Dictionary of Sea Terms 1841/1851
- One of several pages I used to look up nautical terminology used by Poe.
- Nautical Dictionary
- Another good reference page for nautical terms.
- Web English Teacher
- Comprehensive site for learning about writing.
- Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- The 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary and Roget's Thesaurus. No advertising, no popups, etc.
- Free English Dictionary with multi-lingual search, specialized dictionaries, crossword solver, and creative writing resources.
- Edgar Allan Poe Trivia and Quizzes
- This is a commercial site with lots of ads but there are some great quizzes to test your knowledge or Poe and his stories.
- Poe page at Cornell.edu
- has some original photographs of Poe's works
- H.P. Lovecraft's favorite authors
- "When I write stories, Edgar Allan Poe is my model." - H.P. Lovecraft
- Interesting fan site with links to H.P. Lovecraft and Gustav Meyrink (whose birthday is the same as Poe's)
- Midnight Palace
- Site dedicated to old movies, including several adaptations of Poe's works starring Vincent Price.
Other Sites by Design215
- Commercial Photography and Web Design Company
- Free Bookmark Manager lets you keep all of your Favorites and Bookmarks online so you always have them on any computer or any location. Privacy settings on each link let you set them "Public", "Private", or "Friends Only".
- Fine Art and photography by Robert Giordano
- An online resume and links to current projects
- Robert Giordano's Photo of the Day
- My photo blog of random pictures I take from day to day.